Kids + Fit
We’re thrilled to offer our own, in-house health and fitness program. Kids + Fit is all about helping kids and families make healthier choices every day.
Making healthy choices is important, no matter how old you are. Developing positive eating and exercise habits means rethinking the way we approach your daily nutrition, your grocery shopping, and your physical activity. We know these things aren’t easy. And we know how hard it is to make changes that really stick.
Kids + Fit is an individualized, in-office program designed for kids who are overweight or at risk for being overweight. It offers a series of visits with Lifestyle Coaches, plus consultation with both a Registered Dietitian and an Exercise Specialist — all right here, in our familiar Kids Plus offices.
Kids + Fit is Designed to Work For You
Kids + Fit is not a one-size-fits-all plan. The goals and changes are different for everyone. Even the topics covered by the Lifestyle Coaches are up to you. Kids + Fit helps find strategies that work for you, and that help make you healthier and happier.
During each visit, a Lifestyle Coach will assess your child’s current lifestyle habits and talk one-on-one with both you and your child about current nutrition recommendations. Based on current guidelines and clinical expertise, and drawing from successful methods with proven results, Kids + Fit is designed to be tailored to your family’s unique needs:
• We’ll discuss clear, practical approaches for change.
• We’ll help set goals for you and your family.
• We’ll talk about the barriers your child faces in meeting these goals, and we’ll brainstorm real-life solutions.
• We’ll meet for follow-up visits to check-in and talk about how things are going.
Kids + Fit Teaches You To…
• Plan and make a healthy, balanced meal.
• Read and understand nutrition labels.
• Control your portion size.
• Build exercise into your daily routine.
Kids + Fit Helps You To…
• Develop a healthy lifestyle.
• Eat well on a budget.
• Set fitness and nutrition goals.
• Avoid many common health problems.
For more information, you can download and/or print a copy of our Kids + Fit Brochure.